Contemplative Musings and Other Redundant Thoughts

Random musings of my life.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dreaming


So I've been dreaming again... ya about the same elusive topic... community. I love it, I hate it, I want it more and more.

I feel like I've had a taste of it that just wont go away. That's a good thing though, like the finish of a really good and complex wine. I just always wonder what exactly I'm tasting. Part of it is also the fact that Abby is finally getting closer to the end of her treatment, 5 more months! Yippee! Anyway, it feels like that one race that we've been is is starting to wind down and that is a good thing. Sigh. Deep breath. Relax... ahhh rest. Ok that's enough so where do we go from here!

Community of course! My life goal! So I started by having a spontaneos dinner with some friends and then inviting my buddy over to watch Band of Brothers (disk 3). What a great movie... talk about forced community and dependance! Yikes.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted as to how this whole community process goes. Right now I'n involved with a group of people that are looking into converting an old grain elevator and storage building into a community center, edcuation lab, art gallery, coffee shop with an attached co-housing area. I know, I'm a crazy community radical. That's alright I forgive you... Want to be part of it? Come on I know you do, we can make it happen together. Alrighty. Out for now.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to be a part of it!

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Mark Schreiber said…

    I knew you would! Just take copious notes while you're in Idaho and we'll get the inside scoop from you!

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok. sounds like a plan. I can already hardly wait!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home